We're all kinds of crazy!!!

Tuesday, April 26

The Ultimate Deceiver

A couple of times in my recent study I have, for one reason or another, found myself reading the Bible Dictionary description of the word devil. It is amazing to me how much one can learn simply by reading the Bible Dictionary. A few parts of the description of the devil hit me pretty hard.

-"One of the major techniques of the devil is to cause human beings to think they are following God's ways, when in reality they are deceived by the devil to follow other paths....
He tries to imitate the work of God by transforming himself nigh unto an angel of light. He is also a worker of miracles, by which he deceives many upon the earth. In fact, the scriptures say he deceives the whole world. He can cite scripture to make his point seem plausible. All of this is his scheme to make man miserable like himself."
(Bible Dictionary, Pg. 656)

I wonder how often we fall for that. How often I fall for it. I would venture to guess that it is probably too often.

No comments: